by the Eileen Finkel Innovative Teaching Grant
Only One Online Grant Application Period Each School Year
Application Window: May 15 – September 15
Awards Announced: October 1
Who is Eileen Finkel?
Eileen Fingel was a longtime educated who strongly supported the innovative and creative ideas of teachers that enrich educational opportunities for children. The Innovative Teaching Award was created to honor her.
- Grants will be awarded up to $2,500
- Projects should support academic enrichment, innovation and creativity
- Projects must be started within 12 months of receiving the award
- Projects can be for a classroom, a whole grade, department, school, or district
- Projects must have prior principal approval
- Projects are selected by a committee EFS directors, SSD staff, and partnerships with PTO/PTA parents
- Past projects have included projects such as:
- Guest speakers, field trips for the arts, conservation center, historical museum
- Hands on classroom kits/supplies/equipment for the classroom
- STEAM (science, technology engineering, art & math) equipment
- Classroom sets of books in English and Spanish (only $500 per school)
- Enhanced technology supported by the district’s technology plan
- Only $500 per school for books
- No teacher salary or food
- No classroom furniture
- No bus transportation for required school district field trips.